Hop, skip and jump across the Alpine meadows, race down the Alpine roller coaster - ”Lucky Flitzer“ - into the valley, join in the street parties, be brave and daring, try out new sports and make friends for life. This is what the “Peak of Fun” looks like in Flachau. A summer holiday to get the whole family moving! The huge offering of outdoors and nature means the children will love it, with fun, action and adventure, transforming every single day of the holiday into an unforgettable day. Fun sports such as Segway, rafting, climbing or fat bike tours provide them with real thrills. The Flachau Summer Card is free of charge from two overnight stays and it offers numerous possibilities to join in the daily activity programme. Events such as experience hikes, football training and campfires or cheaper entry fee to the family Thermal Spa Amadé. For those of you who are looking for peace and tranquillity you can find this high up on the experience hikes. Or on easy summer hikes by sharing the experience at the summit: just float up to the summit in the cable car, walk to the next Alpine hut, and enjoy the views, and life!
A bike holiday at the “Peak of Fun”: The best thing that life can offer!
Whoever loves their bike should show it the dazzling sides of the mountains and offer him the best. And that’s possible in Flachau. As the promise “Best for Bikers” is taken quite seriously here. As one of the best mountain bike regions in the Salzburger Land, we know and cater for the needs and wishes of mountain bikers and e-bikers here. How? With great infrastructure: 45 planned and well-signposted routes of all levels of difficulty, a bike centre including bike hire and service, specialised accommodation hosts and daily guided bike tours. And also: the best tour material, information, mountain bike routes and the Bike Park in Wagrain. To top it all off there’s the “Stoneman TAURISTA”, a challenging route, 123 kilometres and 4,500 metres of ascent, which offers absolutely spectacular views of the Dachstein and Tauern mountains as well as a 360-degree Alpine panorama. The “Bike Night Flachau”, which is held annually, is legendary. And the floodlit bike event with the special Formula 1 race mode will be held again this year from 9 – 11 August.
The “Peak of fun”: A hiking holiday in the gentle mountains
In Flachau, hiking on holiday is as natural as the mountain top and the cross on the summit or the Alpine hut and a hearty snack. The mountains are so tempting; they’re right on your doorstep and even easier to reach than anywhere else. Besides the mighty peaks at the end of the valley, there are family-friendly mountains that are just waiting to be discovered: with well-signposted paths, rustic huts, magnificent views and fun theme paths. For those of you who want to explore them in a leisurely manner, you can, for example, wander round the Grießenkar Mountain. Why not take the easy route up and down? And take the comfortable cable car up to near the top. With the “Flachau Summer Card” one return trip with the cable car is included free as well as the daily guided hikes which run from the beginning of June until the end of September. Hikes, with names, such as the “Wild water” tour, which leads past the Johannes Waterfall, the Panorama tour or the “Cheese and big doughnuts” tour with a culinary stop at one of the huts. Hiking on theme paths, such as “Flori’s experience path”, “Water moves you” or on the “Path of good wishes” is especially entertaining. This path starts directly from the centre of the village and leads you through beautiful meadows and the woods.
Get to the “Peak of Fun“ faster – a holiday was never nearer!
Families, bikers, hikers and nature-lovers! It’s easy for everyone to reach the “Peak of Fun” for a summer holiday in Flachau at the heart of the Salzburger Land. Just turn off the A10 Tauern motorway and you’re there, at your holiday destination, full of fun, action and adventure.
A good night’s sleep for the “Peak of fun” – Just like home, only better
On holiday it should also be cosy and comfy, as if it was your own home. In Flachau you’ll find a wide range of accommodation, with something to suit everyone’s taste. From modern wellness and family hotels, to beautifully located farmhouses, cosy private rooms in B&Bs, chalets and holiday apartments.
Summer holidays at the “Peak of Fun”: our Top 10
Do you still need a few reasons to come to Flachau? Well, here they are. But beware; they’re so convincing you’ll probably never want to go anywhere else. Flachau combines sporting variety, beautiful landscapes and it always challenges you to try out something new on top!
1. Mountains, just like you love them. Not too high, not too difficult, but still really beautiful with stunning views. Flachau promises you lots of different experiences at the summit both for beginners and real mountain goats as well, all on well-signposted hiking paths.
2. Best for bikers” are the 45 unbelievably varied and multi-faceted mountain and e-bike tours on offer in Flachau with great infrastructure. Those of you, who like a challenge, will love the “Stoneman TAURISTA” with 4,500 metres of ascent. And what’s the reward for your efforts? Stunning 360° views of the amazing Alpine panorama.
3. Summer lifts make hiking in Flachau particularly easy and popular. With the modern cable cars, where a return trip is included in the "Flachau Summer Card" absolutely free, means that summit experience is easily within your reach.
4. And you’re never too old to try something new! That’s why the mega-cool fun sport and outdoor program in Flachau will get the whole family moving. Why not try one of the following activities? Mountain carts, mountain skyver, Segways, fat bikes, zorbing, climbing, rafting and lots more.
5. Two lakes for swimming in with crystal-clear spring water and the Thermal Spa Amadé experience, offer a lot of water fun for the whole family. Great play areas, culinary treats and a comprehensive wellness and sauna offering in the thermal spa will fulfil everyone’s needs.
6. Hiking should be fun, and in Flachau there are entertaining themed hiking trails such as "Flori's experience path" or the "Path of good wishes". Special hiking experiences for the whole family!
7. From just two nights and longer, holidaymakers in Flachau receive the Flachau Summer Card absolutely free. Lots of goodies such as the daily activities programme, guided adventure hikes, free one-off use of the summer cable cars and many discounts are included at no extra charge.
8. Flachau is the home of skiing legend Hermann Maier, who also lives here. The village has a lot of charm, great infrastructure and accommodation to suit everyone’s budget and wishes. Anyone who’s looking for home away from home feels at home here.
9. There are lots of destinations for day trips and things to see in and around Flachau, which can be reached very easily and quickly. Such as the largest ice caves (Eisriesenwelt), Hohenwerfen Castle, the salt mines in Hallein, or Salzburg, the home of Mozart.
Flachau is well-known far and wide for its legendary events, where holidaymakers and locals celebrate alike: You shouldn’t miss the “Bike Night Flachau”, the “Fisherman’s Friend Strongman Run”, the “Flachauer Dorfgaudi” – village party and the three summer street festivals with live bands, culinary delights, show-acts and a wide supporting programme for everyone to join in and celebrate.